Welcome to Mortgage Refinance


Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Loan Officers - How Do You See Yourself Selling Option Arms & Fixed Rates Mortgages

I can't believe I've never done this, let alone thought of it. I've been selling the Pay Option Arm for a long time. I've tinkered with my sales technique, I've had others watch and critique my Option Arm presentation and I've even written a book about it, but I never have thought to put myself in place of the client. Sometimes simple things are just overlooked.

So, I'm here to tell you something that could take your mortgage business to the next level. Are you ready for this concept? Put yourself in place of your client and sell yourself an Option Arm, a Fixed Rate Mortgage, a 3 year fixed, whatever it is you sell the most.

Here's the kicker for doing this, you MUST pretend you ARE the client and NOT the Loan Officer. In other words, everytime you hear yourself say something that could classified as "mortgage speak", stop an see how your can reword it. If you stop yourself every couple of sentences, guess what that means? It means your clients, who have NO CLUE about the Option Arm or the 3 year fixed, have no clue as to what you're talking about! Does that make sense? No one is asking you to dumb-down your presentation, just realize what you're saying. Oh, for those of you that say "I don't have a presentation, I just quote rates," just do yourself a favor and quit reading now, this stuff is WAY over our head. (All you seasoned folks can quit snickering now.

Being able to present and being conscience of what you're saying will do wonders for your business. It will force you to learn about words that sell and words that don't sell, especially when presenting the Option Arm. With all the stupid stuff people read/hear about it, our job as mortgage brokers is an uphill battle, so you want to take every advantage you can get!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andrew_Poletto